A successful career means we have a job we enjoy, fits our personality, pays well and allows us to grow and progress. Maybe, we cannot achieve 100% of those goals (this would be a utopian situation anyway), yet we can definitely achieve much better results in our field, provided that we can crystallize our career objectives and work systematically on a plan to reach them!
What does this imply in practice? First of all, we need to be sincere to ourselves, neither humble nor puffed-up. We should acknowledge our strengths, capitalize on them and promote them in an effective way, while at the same time, become aware of our weaknesses and commit to improving them.
Towards this end, you can get assistance by a life coach! You can share your thoughts, career aspirations and get help in identifying the areas of yourself / your competences needing improvement, in dealing with professional dilemmas regarding to career options etc. In addition, along with a life coach you can find out how to promote yourself in a better way, showcase your strengths and talents, while getting empowerment and support to start moving forward and take action!
Contents -Structure of Sessions
1. Exploring your values, motives, and career “wants”; questionnaire
2. Discussing the various career choices available to you (pros and cons)
3. Setting specific professional / career goals -creating a plan of action
4. Obstacles to professional success; areas for improvement; skills development
5. Body language and professional success
6. Your commitment to succeed; motivation and focus; empowerment exercises