Although in Universities and business schools we learn “how to be a better manager or leader”, nowhere is taught how to be a better employee! (at least, as far as we know). As a result, employers / enterprises get dissatisfied with the level of performance of their people, while at the same time, employees experience poor job satisfaction!
A clear description of an employee’s duties, a prioritization of his/her tasks, an analysis of the processes to be followed, along with a clarification of the behaviors which are sought and effective, are quite often missing. People are not provided with appropriate training in those areas, which leads to misunderstandings, unmet expectations, frustration and a bad work climate.
In collaboration with a life coach, you can discuss the nature of your job and get assistance in identifying its critical success factors, as well as the skillset you need to develop to become a better employee.
In addition, a life coach can help you improve your communication and relations with colleagues, boss, customers, so that you can feel better and more fulfilled at your work while your employer will get better performance outcomes out of you!
Contents -Structure of Sessions
1. Discussing your role at work and the position demands
2. Identifying the key performance / success factors
3. Setting specific goals (quantitative and qualitative)
4. Internal conflicts, doubts, anxieties and how to deal with them
5. Effective communication at work; principles of transactional analysis
6. Organizing and managing your time productively -practices -applications